The "Locale" filter allows users to target or exclude visitors based on their set locale preferences. Derived from browser or system settings, the locale signifies the user's preferred language combined with regional settings like date format, number system, and currency.
A dropdown menu lets you choose from an extensive list of available locales. Each option corresponds to specific language-regional combinations
- Content Localization: Create widgets & campaigns tailored to the visitor's locale, ensuring that both language and regional nuances align with their preferences.
- Promotions: Offer locale-specific promotions or deals, capitalizing on regional events or holidays.
How to Use:
- Head to the 'Targets' section in the Personizely dashboard.
- Select 'Add Filter' and pick 'Locale' from the options.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the desired locale(s) you aim to target or exclude.
- Once selected, save the filter. It's now ready to be used in your widgets & campaigns.
- Locale-based targeting hinges on the accuracy of the visitor's browser or system settings. Content delivery might be misaligned if a user operates with a non-native locale preference.
- Employing the "Locale" filter in conjunction with others, like the "Location" filter, can provide enhanced user segmentation.